Staff application

• Username: Carlos wick/Carlos JNR

• Steam profile link: Steam Community :: PORTROYAL 50GRAM

• Discord: portroyal50gram

• Age (Min 16): 28 (29 on thursday)

• Do you have any active warning or previous bans? i have 1 previous warning (fail ropleplay) it got cleared up about the whole situation. but i did recieve the warning about a month ago.

• Do you have a problem with any of our current staff members? no i dont. ive met a fair few of them and they have all been humble and good to hang around.

• How long have you been apart of our community & played on our FiveM server? aprox 1 year

• Have you maintained a staff position in another Community?
    no i have not.

• How known are you on a scale of 1-10? 7 on carlos JNR and probably 8 as carlos wick (ems worker)

• Do you believe you’re able to deal with individuals such as Friend’s, Org Members & Staff Members etc in a completely unbiased manner? yes i do. been bias to help out your friends is againt the rules. everyone should be treated equally and fairly depending on the situation. i would respect my role as a staff member and let friends and other people know if they are doing the wrong thing.

• Why do you think you should become a staff member?
    ive been fairly active in the comunity, i have started a few public events out of random to bring people together and have fun example zombies vs PD. im fairly active in discord and in city, im able to chat with people in a respectful mannor and i like to try help people as much as i can. i want to teach the comunity about keeping this city a roleplay city and not just a gang warfare. i love the interactions you have with people and i like seen how things play out especally when its a non hostile disagreement. Some skills I think I can bring to the team is my communication and professionalism. I am also calm, so in intense situation I feel like I can resolve it quickly.

• Why should you be chosen over other candidates?
    Experience : i have been in the city for roughly a year, i have a good understaning how the city works and how most people like to enjoy their time in the city. working in ems ive delt with alot of different situations both hostile and calm and i have remained calm in those situatiuons and have been very respectful to peoples issues and so forth.
    Maturity and Fairness : i am able to remain calm and impartial in stressful situations. i can highlight my ability to handle conflicts fairly and without bias, ensuring that all players are treated equally. Communication Skills : i have very good communication skills which would be key to being an effective admin. i am able able to communicate clearly and effectively with players, addressing their concerns and enforcing rules politely. Availability : im available most nights during the week between 5pm and 1am and on weekends 24 hours if its needed.

• How available are you to do staffing duties throughout the week and what is your availability? as stated above im available from 5pm to 1am weekdays and 24 hours on weekends if needed.

• Do you understand that as a staff member, you are not above and or better than anyone else in roleplay and within the Community? yes i do.

• Do you understand that as a Staff Member you will be looked upon in the Community as a role-model & you are at all times to be setting an example for newer and current players within the server whether it’s IC or OOC? yes i do

• Do you also understand, you are NOT to use powers to benefit yourself or your peers in any way, shape or form? yes i do

• **List at least five rulebreaches, give an example of the rulebreach and explain the punishment that you believe should be given. **

1. Metagaming:
  • Definition: Using out-of-character (OOC) information in-character (IC) gameplay.
  • Example: Watching a stream and using private information from it in-game.
  • Punishment: 1-day ban or a warning for the first offense, escalating to permanent bans for repeat offenders.
  1. Random Death Match (RDM):
  • Definition: Killing others in-game without prior roleplay reason.
  • Example: Opening fire on a group of players without any in-game justification.
  • Punishment: Warning or short ban for the first offense, 1-5 day ban for the second offense, longer bans for subsequent offenses.
  1. Hacking/Cheating/Exploiting:
  • Definition: Using external software or in-game glitches for unfair advantages.
  • Example: Using hacked scripts to gain money or items.
  • Punishment: Removal of illegitimately obtained items, reporting the issue to developers, long-term bans, or permanent bans for repeat offenders.
  1. Fail Roleplay:
  • Definition: Failing to stay in character or engage in unrealistic actions.
  • Example: Ignoring injuries after performing unrealistic stunts.
  • Punishment: Warning for the first offense, 1-3 day ban for the second offense, longer bans for subsequent offenses.
  1. DOXXING:
  • Definition: Revealing personal information of another person without consent.
  • Example: Posting a player’s picture with a harmful quote.
  • Punishment: Community ban or permanent ban due to the severity of the offense, as doxxing is considered a cybercrime.

The severity of the punishment often depends on the player’s history and the severity of the rule breach. Repeated violations may result in more severe penalties to encourage adherence to the rules and maintain a positive gaming environment.

• If any, what level of understanding do you have of txAdmin? Have you used it previously? i have seen videos of it but i havnt needed to use it or easy admin yet but i am willing to learn (shouldnt be any harder than learning coding)

• A user is RDMing and insulting other users. You are the only staff available to deal with the situation. What do you do?

1. Observe the Situation: First, I would closely observe the in-game situation to ensure that I have a clear understanding of what is happening. I would take note of the players involved, the nature of the insults, and any evidence related to the RDM, such as chat logs or in-game actions.
  2. Intervene Calmly: I would enter the game as a staff member without escalating the situation. I would avoid using aggressive or confrontational language. Instead, I would calmly inform the offending player that their behavior is against the server’s rules and is unacceptable.
  3. Gather Evidence: While addressing the issue, I would gather evidence to support any potential actions. This might include taking screenshots, recording chat logs, or even using in-game tools to review the RDM incidents if possible.
  4. Issue Warnings: If the situation allows, and depending on the severity of the offenses and the player’s history, I would issue a verbal warning to the offending player. I would clearly explain which rules they are violating and the consequences of continued misconduct.
  5. Investigate Further: If necessary, I would conduct a deeper investigation to determine the extent of the RDM incidents and whether there is a pattern of behavior. This might involve speaking with other players who witnessed the events or reviewing additional evidence.
  6. Administer Punishments: Based on the severity of the offenses and considering the player’s history, I would administer appropriate punishments. This could range from a temporary suspension to a permanent ban, depending on the server’s rules and policies.
  7. Document the Incident: I would ensure that a detailed record of the incident is created, including any evidence gathered, actions taken, and the reasoning behind the chosen punishments. This documentation is crucial for transparency and future reference.
  8. Communicate with the Community: In some cases, it may be necessary to communicate with the wider player community, especially if the behavior of the offending player has disrupted the overall gaming experience. I would inform the community about the actions taken to address the situation and remind them of the server’s rules.
  9. Follow Up: After addressing the immediate issue, I would periodically monitor the situation to ensure that the disruptive behavior has ceased. If the player continues to violate the rules, I would take further appropriate actions.
  • There is a large gathering of players in Legion Square. A user decided to drive his phantom straight into Legion Square and run over as many players as possible. What rules have been broken and how do you deal with the situation?
  1. Random Death Match (RDM): The user has engaged in random violence by intentionally driving into a large gathering of players and running over as many as possible. This action does not have a valid in-character (IC) roleplay reason.
  2. Vehicular Assault: The user has used a vehicle as a weapon to harm other players without any in-character justification, which is typically against server rules.
    i would then follow the same steps as the previous question.
  • A user has threatened to DDOS and take down the server. What do you do? Who would you contact? if a person has threatened a possible Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS) attack i would insta ban that person and document anything that has been said from chat logs or screenrecording, and inform vyve or other higher ups what has happened and what ive done.

• There is an Admin that keeps giving people weapons and items (When he is not supposed to), What do you do? Who would you contact?

• Collect evidence: Before taking any action, gather as much evidence as possible to substantiate your suspicions. This may include screenshots, chat logs, or any reports from players who have witnessed the admin’s actions.
      Depending on the outcome of the investigation, corrective measures should be taken. These may include:
    • Removing any illegitimately granted items or weapons.
  • Temporarily or permanently revoking the admin’s powers, depending on the severity of the abuse.
  • Communicating with affected players to rectify any negative impacts of the abuse.
  1. *conmtact a staff member and give them the collection of information i have either witnessed or gathered from other players and go from there.
  • A user has joined the server and started to spam racial slurs over OOC and voice communication, how would you handle the situation? * If the user starts using racial slurs I would hit them with a perma banned as racials slurs is not allowed under 1.3 guidelines

• A user has reported a “troll” has been Mass VDMing but they have no footage or other valid evidence, You have been given an ID, What can you possibly do to determine if these claims are true without footage? i would spectate the alleged player and try and gather as much evidence as i need. if while specating i dont see any signes of massVDM i would pull them asside and let them know that there has been reports of massVDm and remind them that its a 1 week ban if caught, i would continue to monitor this person any chance i got to ensure the saftey of other players.

• 'Bradley’ has just been in a pursuit with police, his vehicle contains drugs and illegal weapons. At some point Bradley crashed his vehicle during pursuit, stole a road-bike and evaded police up a mountain/offroad. Police have now seized the vehicle left behind. 5 minutes later, police notice items being removed from the vehicle. Bradley has gone to impound and is now offloading the contents of the vehicle. What rules have been broken(if any)? How would you proceed to handle the situation?

• he rules that Bradley has broken is, Exploiting and Fail RP.

• FailRP: He failed RP by grabbing a Road bike an using it for off-road to escape the cops, and the cops are unable to get up

• Exploiting - He grabbed a 2nd vehicle drove to his main vehicle, grabbed the stuff out and transferred it across vehicles so cops aren’t able to take his items.

• Firstly, since it’s 2 offences in one I would grab the player conducting these offences and speak to him privately, I would then proceed to give him a 2 week ban for exploiting as that is not allowed and it can mess up roleplay, also for his failrp since he went off-road

• ‘Marilyn’ is a devious criminal of the underworld, constantly wanted by police and committing heinous acts of crime! During a situation, Marilyn acquires herself weapons from a police officers body. After equipping the 2-handed weapon at a car boot, Marilyn holds the weapon in her hand, then pulls her phone out and puts it away. Marilyn then carries on about her business. Shortly after, Marilyn gets arrested by police, put in hand-cuffs and taken to the station. While being taken to the cells, Marilyn decides to tackle officers, and run away on foot, eventually stealing a civilian vehicle. During this high speed pursuit down the highway, a police officer intentionally drives down the oncoming lane and has a head on collision with Marilyn, leading to her death because she was not wearing a seatbelt. What rules have been broken(if any)? How would you proceed to handle the situation?

• The rules that Marilyn has broken is

• Power-Gaming - Minor Exploiting

• The rules the cop has broken is Failrp
    the steps i would take is the same messures i have listed before.

• Any further comments:
    id love to say thankyou for this time weather i get accepted or not. thankyou all for your amazing work in the city and keep it up.

11 days, 12 hours play-time since you joined in January this year.
No play-time since September is a bit concerning, seems you may have taken a break with the upcoming release of 2.0.
Only 1 warn on record for perhaps just a silly reaction on your behalf to a situation.

Goodluck with your application.

Yes. Me and my friends have taken a break and just waiting for the release of 2.0 which hopefully you guys can get up and running soon. We are all eager to jump back into infinity and play.

2 Likes